Friday, August 24, 2007

Finland!

Hello hello! I'm in Finland and very confused. The internet is in Finnish on my laptop, so every link and every piece of text on almost every site I visit (ie Blogspot & Google) are in Finnish! Anyway, the flight here was great... no issues at all. I watched TV shows on my iPod, watched the FinnAir in-cabin videos, slept a little, read a little, and enjoyed the scenery. We landed at 8:20 AM Helsinki time, which is 7 hours ahead of CT; so it would've been 1:20 AM in CT and 7:20 AM in Rome. It's 11 AM here now, and we leave for Rome in 5 hours or so.

Below are some pictures of the airport, the limited scenery that we can see through the cloudy/overcast/rainy weather outside, and us! The temperature is about 65 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. I made my first European purchase! I bought a raspberry doughnut and a mozzarella/tomato sandwich on olive bread. For a drink, I had a delicious "Sisaltaa Hedelmasokeria Hartwall Jaffa Appelsiini." It tasted like Polar Orange Dry... a good choice. I paid 10 Euros for all of that, which is pricey, but it is an airport, so I expected it. I also paid 4 Euros for an hour of internet use here at the airport. Anyway, I'll end this one now... I'll be back in touch sometime shortly after we land in Rome, which is 6:40 PM Rome time, and 12:40 PM CT time. Here are the pics as promised:

PS... we all came to the conclusion that Finland is most like Nebraska. Very flat, lots of evergreen trees, seemingly quiet from our vantage point.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jam homie!!! you made it to the land of hefsenbuurgen!!!

-andrew

Anonymous said...

Hey Matthew: WOW awesome you are (were) in Finland!!! Nice pics

Anonymous said...

Good a.m. Matthew: Just letting you know it is now Saturday at 8:33 a.m. here in the states (east coast) and I'm not yet seeing any pics of Rome. Did you fall asleep???? Only kidding! All is well here, hope you're out doing some sightseeing or puchasing a bike. Hi to Amy et al.

Anonymous said...

hi matty - we're at auntie julie's shop. andy & sharon are working with auntie on the flowers for their wedding. hope all is well in roma. take care...love Mom, Dad, Andy, Sharon, Uncle Ralph, Auntie Julie, Jeff and Zach. ps we met Zach's puppy...Mia...she is very cute.

Anonymous said...

good day Matthew. Sunday at 7:48 a.m. here, so you are into your afternoon. I've been out picking tomatoes this a.m. and adding some H2O to the pool. enjoy your day!